The Order For/Job Name field appears on all product edit pages, next to the Quantity choice field. The idea of this field is that users can name their order ‘My_poster_order21’ and later more easily identify that job in a large list of jobs either in the Basket or in the Order Manager.
Users can also name the job as ‘Julies Flyers May 2017’. This effectively means that users can order for anyone and everyone, even users or people not listed in the system.
For each new order the field will automatically fill with their name, by default, EXCEPT when they are on an editable product and they use a dataloader to load data, in which case the PJ system will automatically load another name into the Order For/Job Name field.
Even after the system puts some default text in there, the user can still remove it (its not a mandatory field), or replace it with something else.
The User Dataloader on editable products works with restrictions.
1. Users who don’t have a department assignation can LOAD DATA for ALL other users in that client account. In their OM (Order Manager) they can see only their own orders plus any orders for which they are the approver.
2. Users who belong to certain departments can LOAD DATA for other users IN THEIR DEPARTMENT. In their OM they can see only their own orders plus any orders for which they are the approver.
3. Department Managers can LOAD DATA, for other users IN THEIR DEPARTMENT and for other users IN ANY DEPARTMENT in which they are listed as MANAGER & all users in NO DEPARTMENT. In their OM they can see orders for other users IN ANY DEPARTMENT IN WHICH THEY ARE LISTED AS MANAGER
4. Senior Managers can LOAD DATA for ALL USERS. In their OM they can see orders for ALL other users.
The Department Dataloader works as follows:
- Users who aren’t in a department , will see all departments in the dataloader.
- Users who belong to a department can only see their own department
- Department Managers can see departments they manage, plus their own.
- Senior Managers will see all departments
The Addresses dataloader works with similar restrictions.
When a user is selecting addresses from the address data loader, the address list should depend on the user:
- Client Manager (aka Senior Managers) – all company addresses
- Department Managers – all department addresses of departments in which they are listed as manager.
- Department users – only company addresses assigned to their department
- Non department user – all company addresses
- Note: All users can see only their own personal address.
You might also like to see the video on Dataloaders: